- gain and maintain a deep knowledge of our entire technology stack
- work effectively with our existing team to add new capabilities
- participate in the scoping and design of new features and optimizations
- develop API endpoints, database structures, middleware components
- develop high quality code and test suites which prove that quality
- manage and document your work as part of the team using JIRA and Confluence
- be willing to make commitments and then meet those commitments
Desired Skills and Experience
Required Technical Experience/Skills:
- REST API development
- Python development
- SQL development
- Linux/Unix command line, editor, and scripting experience
- Cloud infrastructure (Amazon Web Services / Apache2) experience: creating and maintaining instances, load balancing
- complex web app development, preferably Ember.js or similar, HTML, CSS
Desired Technical Experience/Skills:
- knowledge of technologies used in highly scalable websites
- Mockup development (sketch or similar)
- Version control (git / Bitbucket)
Required Personal and Interpersonal Skills:
- experience working with Agile Scrum teams
- strong written and verbal communication
- driven self-starter
yikes is an equal opportunity employer; however, yikes is not currently in a position to sponsor work visas.
Position is in Indianapolis – must be willing to relocate immediately to the area.
Skip the hassle of hotel check-in and enter your room without taking your smartphone out of your pocket. yikes technology allows you to access your room and set all of your preferences, transforming your hotel stay into your home away from home.
yikes was established in 2008 on the belief that mobile devices are the key to the future of access across various industries. yikes has developed a game-changing technology solution for the hotel industry initially, with expandability into numerous other applications. yikes technology provides proximity-based access to guest room doors and provides a platform for services and amenities throughout the property. The technology utilizes an application downloaded onto a user’s mobile device.